Complaints Procedure

Carey has systems and processes in place for addressing any of its students’ concerns or complaints. We aim to provide the best possible solution for resolving complaints as soon as possible, in an amicable manner which will benefit the interests of everyone involved.

If you, as an International Student, have a complaint the first step is to refer to the Students Complaints Procedure which is contained in the Academic Regulations and Calendar. If, after following this procedure, you believe that your concerns have not been resolved you can contact NZQA (the New Zealand Qualifications Authority) by sending an email to [email protected] or contacting NZQA on 0800 697 296.

If it is a contractual or financial dispute international students can contact iStudent Complaints.

iStudent Complaints is an independent dispute resolution scheme established by the New Zealand Government. Their objective is to encourage swift settlement of contractual and financial disputes between international students and their providers in New Zealand.

This document also provides helpful information for international students wishing to make a complaint.

This Complaints Flowchart is an easy and helpful reference guide to Carey’s complaints procedure.