- PhD, University of St Andrews, St Mary’s College. “Analytic and Exegetical Theology: Need Without Lack: A Constructive Proposal for a Pneumatologically-Christocentric Anthropology”
- Th.M. Talbot School of Theology, La Mirada, California
- Master of Arts, Talbot School of Theology, La Mirada, California
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Academy of Religion
- Society of Christian Philosophers
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Canadian-American Theological Association
- Society for the Study of Theology
- Humanity and Hope (MB624)
- Christology (MB620)
- Thinking Theologically (MB521)
- Theological Anthropology
- Fundamental Need
- Christocentric Pneumatology
Christa McKirland is a lecturer in systematic theology at Carey Baptist College. With degrees in philosophy, bible exposition, and systematic theology, she enjoys bringing these disciplines together in order to speak into what it means to flourish. Ultimately, to be a flourishing human is bound to God’s personal presence and thus her doctoral work focused on the concept of fundamental need and how human beings are uniquely suited to need God in a particular way.
Christa is the Executive Director of Logia International, an organisation that encourages women to pursue postgraduate divinity education for the sake of the academy and church. Logia seeks to highlight the excellence of women who are already established in their fields, while also developing the next generation of scholars who will lead the way in theology, philosophy of religion, and biblical studies.
- Christa L. McKirland. Review, “Singleness and the Church: A New Theology of the Single Life,” Journal of Biblical and Theological Studies, July 2018.
- Christa L. McKirland. “Era of Kings: Huldah: Malfunction with the Wardrobe-Keeper’s Wife,” in Vindicating the Vixens: Men and Women Revisiting Gendered Bible Stories, edited by Sandra Glahn. Grand Rapids, MI: Kregel Publications, 2017.
- Christa L. McKirland. Review, “Sexual Difference in Christian Theology: Male, Female and Intersex in the Image of God.” Journal of Psychology and Theology (Spring 2016).
- Christa L. McKirland. Review, “Dignity and Destiny: Humanity in the Image of God.” Priscilla Papers, Vol. 29, No. 4 (Autumn, 2015), 27-29.
- Christa McKirland and Matthew McKirland. “Who’s in Charge? Questioning our Common Assumptions about Spiritual Authority.” Priscilla Papers, Vol. 27, Issue 1 (Winter, 2013): 15-25.
Current Research Projects
- Christa L. McKirland. “Imago Dei and Divine Presence: A Critique of Gender Essentialism,” in Discovering Biblical Equality, Revised and Expanded edition, eds. Ronald Pierce and Cynthia Westfall, InterVarsity Press, Downers Grove, IL. Forthcoming.
- Christa L. McKirland. “Did Jesus Need the Spirit?” in Perichoresis, forthcoming issue.
- Christa L. McKirland. Fundamental Need: A Flourishing Dependence, Baker Academic Press. Forthcoming, 2021.
Christa L. McKirland. “Analytic Theology” in T&T Clark Handbook on Modern Theology. Forthcoming, 2021.
Phone: 09 526 6599
Email: [email protected]