NZ Baptist Archives Catalogue
Use this link to access the Carey Baptist College Library catalogue which includes the online catalogue of the NZ Baptist Archive.
Getting The Best From Our Catalogue
The search limiter is 300, so if you get 300 results- refine your search or you may miss relevant items.
A Basic search searches the whole Library catalogue (and works well for single words).
- Type what you are looking for in the search box ‘Enter your search here…’
- Select the right facing arrow button (circled in navy above) to run your search.
To See More Detail On An Item
After you have run your search
- Hover your curser over the item or
- Select it.
To Run Another Search
- Select anywhere in the Search Box.
To Search Only In The Archives Collection
- Select from the drop down arrow to the left of ‘Basic search’ (circled in navy above).
- Select ‘Advanced search’ from the drop down list.
- On the left hand side you will see a box for ‘Types’
- Use the scroll bar (circled in navy above)
- Scroll down until you see ‘Manuscript’
- Select ‘Manuscript’
- Now add your search term(s) in the usual way (in box that says ‘Enter your search here’)
A Search Example Using Advanced Search
In the example above I added ‘Petone’, i.e. Petone Baptist.
If I want to see all records I’d:
- Select the ‘enter’ key on my keyboard or
- Select the right facing arrow button.
However, if I wanted to see just one of the items on the drop down list, then I’d select that item and then run my search.